Now that I’ve got the frameset and a skeletal API in place, I think I’ll try running a SCORM course and see:
- Does it find the SCORM API that I’ve set up?
- If it finds it, what errors occur?
This will provide some good guidance on where to go next.
A quick search of the Internet doesn’t reveal a lot of sample courses out there. However, in the article on Output Options in Captivate, Andrew Chemey does provide a zip file that contains a SCORM 1.2 sample. For the time being, I’ll use that sample to test my rudimentary SCORM interface.
On a test web server, I set up the files like this:
Note that I’ve had to add an index.html file to the course folder since the sample course start file is called ‘Simulation.htm’. My index.html is simply a redirect and looks like this:
<html> <head> <title>Starting ...</title> <meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; URL=Simulation.htm"> </head> <body bgcolor="#ffffff"> <p>Starting ... </body> </html>
Now I take the plunge and run it by pointing my browser to:
http://[my test server]/rte01/rte.html